Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Cupcake Diaries: Recipes and Memories from the Sisters of Georgetown Cupcake

This rating applies only to the lemon blossom cupcakes on page 151. I haven't tried any others, and judging from the results of this attempt, I won't be trying any more.

As others have stated, this recipe makes more than 12. For me, it made exactly 36, and that's filling a standard size muffin tin 2/3rds full. philly cream cheese cake recipes

They did not rise higher than the top of the pan. If you are looking for a fluffy cookie, then maybe this would fill the bill.

But baker be warned, this is not a sturdy cake. I don't think it would support the icing called for, and for this reason I only used a small amount. However, the lemon flavors were subtle and well defined, a plus. I was looking for a little tighter and drier texture but these cupcakes were porous and had a greasy aftertaste. The old Duncan Hines conundrum, I guess!

More information at The Cupcake Diaries: Recipes and Memories from the Sisters of Georgetown Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment